Contact my company, La Douce Vie for:
- Journalism, in English or Dutch: My specialties are writing about food, wine, travel, lifestyle and culture. I have close to two decades of experience producing a wide variety of engaging content: from articles on travel, family and children, wine, lifestyle and history, to culinary columns, advertorials, book reviews and interviews. My writing is infused with passion and my aim is always to inspire. With my academic background and years of experience working as a magazine editor, you can rest assured that all my texts are well-written and thoroughly researched. Upon request, my work can be accompanied by high-resolution professional photography or video. Currently, I am a culinary columnist for France magazine En Route (NL) and the food and drinks editor for Living France (UK). I am a regular contributor to Bouillon, France Magazine, Discover Benelux and The Holland Times.
- Content Creation on France: Let me promote your region or business. I can offer you a full package deal that includes text, enticing photography, beautifully designed brochures (digital/print) and even professional film. I work with a highly experienced designer/photographer/cinematographer. Our mission is to make your destination or product shine, and our prices are competitive. Whether you want us to create attractive folders or magazines for your region in France, or want to bring your food/wine/tourism business to the attention of an international audience, we are here to help! Our services are available in English (UK & US) and Dutch. I am also available to edit/proofread all kinds of texts/brochures.
- Recipe development: I have written recipes for a wide variety of publications, including one of the most popular Dutch women’s weekly magazines, Vriendin. Because there is nothing worse than a poorly written recipe that results in failure and wasted ingredients, all my recipes are tested for taste and accuracy, and are always guaranteed to work, even for novice cooks.
- Restaurant Reviews: I love discovering new and interesting restaurants. My reviews have been published in France Magazine, Brussels Airlines b.there, The Holland Times, and DUTCH.
- Translations: (Dutch/English & English/ Dutch): I have a degree in academic Dutch from the University of Leiden and have lived in the Netherlands for more than two decades. I have translated everything from menus, websites and press releases, to articles and books. I have worked with leading Dutch publishing houses such as Kosmos and Dutch newspaper Het Parool.
- Editing & Proofreading: Choosing the right words; paying meticulous attention to proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax; adhering to your publication’s style and tone. I am the editor and senior vice president of the North American publication DUTCH, sub-editor and journalist for Inside Rotterdam and a regular writer, editor and translator for the Amsterdam-based tourist publication HELLO Amsterdam. I have also edited tourist magazines such as RUSH and YOU.
- Honest reviews: I have reviewed products from leading companies such as Revol, Green Spirit Hotels, Les Jardins de La Comtesse and Caudalie as well as books from publishing houses such as New Vessel Press, Octopus Publishing Group, Hardie Grant, Thames & Hudson, Prestel Press, Flammarion, Murdoch Books and Yale University Press. I am a journalist, not a blogger or an influencer and thus do not accept payment in exchange for MY honest opinion.
- Cooking films: Let me show off your product in my kitchen with a recipe written according to your wishes. Because I work with a professional video editor, I can offer you an attractive package deal. My culinary films can be seen here and here.
I would love to hear from you. You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +31 (0) 614388104. To request my press kit, please send me an email.
Kvk nr.: 52653641